Monday 28 September 2015

Cinque Terre Pt 2

Gosh I'm behind.

I'm gonna rush through the next few couple of posts, as otherwise my brains gonna be simply too overloaded from surplus words/pictures that my arteries will explode (this will have nothing to do with the amount of gelato I'm eating, I swear) and I will just be in a right fix.

Here goes: Cinque Terre, Part 2: (told mostly with pictures)


Manorola unfolded in front of us as we stepped of a train and walked on a path alongside the cliffs.


And with each step, the view got even more stunning.


Me and my friend Jamie got this great shot together just as the sun was setting. I can't remember what the joke was, but it was honestly such a time.


Even the streets here are beautiful. 


Watching the sun go down over the ocean was such a treat. 

The following day, me and 2 of the Sara's decided that hiking was a good idea. I mean, we'd brought our backpacks, our hiking shoes and everything, so why the hell not, right?

Despite this Italian pleading us not to go walking in what he described as a very dangerous storm - something similar to a hurricane, the hike was actually more than worth it.

I got zero pictures on the way up, and even from the top, because it was blowing a gale and raining a lot and I wasn't too keen for my camera to die on my second week into travelling around Italy. Managed to snap this beauty just after we got into the top of the town though, really love the light and storminess of it all. Even in bad weather, this place just took my breath right away. 

The two Sara's I went hiking with. We made it! 

We stared at the sea crashing against the rocks for way to long. The ocean never fails to mesmerize me, no matter what part of the world I'm in.

The cannon up by Manarola
Cinque Terre - what a place. I felt like I had asthma and I needed minor organ surgery afterwards, cos my breath and my heart had just been stolen by this wild part of Italy. We caught a train out - one of the last ones in what was to turn into a very long day of train strikes - and as we watched the view of the five towns slip away from us, I felt my spirit sink a little. We had so little time there, but as it is with everything in life, I'm glad we had that time. The bucket list has one item ticked off.

 

 Grazie millie Cinque Terre!

No comments:

Post a Comment